EN
IT
HOME
History
Over three generations in our family have been cultivating the land in this area, on the border between Lazio and Umbria, but it was our father Mario who established the Trappolini winery in 1961.
Thenceforth the knowledge in the vineyards, the attention, the cares for the vines and the passion for this craft, were handed down from father to son, day by day, in the daily work side by side. Ancient gestures and sapience became a tradition and are now the basis of the way to be winemakers.
To all this we add today a deeper awareness about wine and a constant attention to technological innovations.
Radici di Trappolini

Est!Est!!Est!!!di Montefiascone
The legend has it that in 1111 the Bishop Johannes Defuk came in Italy following Henry V who was going to Rome to receive from Pope Pasquale II the imperial crown. As lover of good drinks, the bishop had instructed his faithful servant Martino to precede him along the way and indicate with "est" (there is) the inns with good wine, "est, est," those with very good wine. Once arrived in Montefiascone the servant Martino was so entranced by the wine that he found the way to place the inscription Est! Est !! Est !!!
Profumo molto fine, intenso e delicato con sapore secco , vivace, con lieve retrogusto amarognolo.
suggested with appetizers, seafood, white meats and cheeses
Trappolini Via del Rivellino, 65 01024 Castiglione in Teverina (VT), Italy Tel. e fax +39 0761 948381 info@trappolini.com www.trappolini.com